Nepal is a developing country where unemployment and deficiency of technical manpower for development work have emerged as twin challenges. Taking these into consideration Birgunj Institute of Technology (BIT) was established as a private technical institute in 2000 A.D. with three years Diploma program (Sub-Engineering) in Electrical and Mechanical engineering streams by a group of Engineers and Educationists. BIT is affiliated to the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) and hence its certificates are recognized by the Nepal Government. It is located in the heart of Terai in the Birgunj Sub Metropolitan city 180 km south of Kathmandu and 5 km north of Raxaul of India.
Our graduates are already serving in the country and outside it since 2003 with skills and devotion they acquired at BIT. Computer engineering was added in the year 2002 supplemented by Civil Engineering and Electronics Engineering programs in 2007.
Presently five different Diploma level programs in Engineering are being conducted in BIT and we are preparing to launch Bachelors in Engineering (BE) programs in the nearest future We will be moving into our own new building in the next academic session which will have all the facilities for all round development and upbringing of a modern technical person. It will accommodate expanded infrastructure with following facilities.
- Well -equipped Workshops and Laboratories in each department.
- Air-conditioned Computer Lab accessible to all students
- Well furnished classrooms with adequate recreational area
The main mission of BIT is to educate and prepare qualified technologists/ technocrats/ technicians, who can face the global technological challenges of the business and industry, who can contribute towards the construction and development of the country and reduce unemployment
Our vision is to develop BIT as a national center of excellence for technical education and training at all levels. Our graduates have shown competence not only within the country but outside too.
- It has the reputation of a highly esteemed technical institute.
- The founders are highly qualified and experienced.
- Theoretical and practical classes are conducted by highly experienced Lecturers and Engineers.
- Tutorial Classes are managed for the students.
- It has modern laboratories, well equipped workshops, modern computer lab and a full- fledged library.
- The fees are reasonable and affordable.
- It offers merit and need based scholarship.
- It conducts regular evaluation interaction with students.
- It has excellent success rate in the final year board examination of CTEVT.
- BIT organizes interface programs between institute and industries to give practical exposure to the students, which in turn helps them in their all- around development.
- Extra classes beyond the course are organized for management and societal exposure of students.
- Parents and guardians are always informed about the student’s progress
Birgunj institute of Technology spread over 14 katha and is situated in plain land and pollution free environment with state of the art infrastructure. All the lectures, tutorial rooms and laboratories are well conditioned, furnished and equipped. Laboratories are fully equipped to meet all the course requirements. New building is under construction.
The library is well furnished and well equipped. It has the latest text books, journals with a study room. It provides the students of the institute with all the text books of each semester.
Sports & Extra Curricular Activities
The college provides outdoor and indoor sports facilities such as Cricket, Table Tennis, Chess, and Badminton etc. The college has provision for annual sports competition &Quiz Contest.